The Mosman Design Awards is an event held every two years by Council to celebrate outstanding contributions to the built environment and heritage conservation in Mosman.
The Awards continue to gain popularity and prestige due to the high quality of entrants and our panel of expert judges. The Awards received the NSW Planning Institute of Australia Media Award in 2009 as a “proactive, attractive and innovative response to public education and awareness”.
Architects, builders and property owners are encouraged to nominate a development completed within the last 2 years.
The community is involved through voting for their favourite nomination in the People’s Choice Award.
The objectives of the Mosman Design Awards are to:
- Promote excellence in urban design and heritage conservation
- Recognise positive contributions to the streetscape
- Recognise sympathetic conservation of heritage items and buildings within heritage conservation areas
- Increase community awareness of high quality development
The Awards have two categories:
- Contribution to the Built Environment; and
- Heritage Conservation
This year, nominations will be required to consider how well the design and construction of the building responded to questions of sustainability.
The Awards have been held since 2007.